Job Description: Motion Graphic Designer
Who are we?
SJR is the 2020 Content Marketing Institute’s Agency of the Year. We’re the first, and still the best, end-to-end content consultants. We believe in the power of transformative content and have an unparalleled group of talent that make content marketing differently. We combine journalistic rigor with creative intelligence then amplify all that editorial heritage and creative flair with technology to sharpen the conversation, decode complexity, transfer knowledge and build trust.
We are looking for passionate innovators, disruptors and content marketers to join our team, voted Most Innovative Culture by Digiday.
Who we are looking for:
Group SJR is looking for a Motion Graphic Designer with agency or production house experience to join our growing creative team in London.
We’re looking for an intelligent storyteller and dynamic creative who is excellent to work with, likes to learn, is a people person, and has the skills to think laterally and conceptually to bring briefs to life through standout graphic design, motion graphics, illustration and video.
You will have worked in digital marketing or advertising for at least seven years, preferably in an agency setting, and will have proven experience in concepting. You are comfortably working independently and taking a concept from idea right through to execution.
This is an exciting time to join the world’s leading content marketing agency, working alongside a talented team and cultivating a portfolio of excellent work.
Who you are:
- Creative. You’re always searching for new ways to do things, and think laterally and conceptually to find smart, creative solutions to problems.
- Visually Contemporary. You’re on the pulse of design and motion trends, and forever unearthing new, progressive movements in the world of graphics and design.
- Content Marketer. You’re excited about bringing original and untold stories to life that inspire and delight and understand the elements and formats that go into brand journalism.
- Self-driven. You’re proactive, energetic and motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Utility Player. You’re ready to jump in and make it all happen for your clients and colleagues.
What you’ll do:
- Distil, decode and deconstruct creative briefs into visual concepts
- Create standout animation, video, illustrations, graphics and social content
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team, with writers, editors, technologists, and the client services team
- Generate and pitch great concepts and ideas that are on strategy and adhere to visual guidelines
- Lead and mentor teams of creatives and junior designers
- Determine which media and design elements to use to support concepts and tell compelling stories
- Independently execute approved concepts on time, on budget and to a high standard
- Demonstrate a learning mindset and stretches the boundaries of the craft each day, sharing trends and formats with colleagues
- Constantly strive for new, better, more innovative solutions
What you’ll bring:
We’d like you to tick as many of the below off as possible but remember that you don’t have to match 100% of these bullets – we’re looking for a unicorn and as such “unusual” shapes of person and profile are welcome.
- 7+ years of professional experience (agency experience a plus)
- Expert in motion graphics and animation
- Expert base in graphic design principles
- Illustration skills (especially digital, vector-based)
- Strong portfolio and showreel
- Expert fluency in Adobe Creative Suite and After Effects
- Knowledge of 3D tools and software a plus (e.g. Cinema4D, Blender, Maya)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience using collaborative team communication and project management applications Trello & MS Teams to ensure efficiency
- Competitive salary
- Generous workplace pension scheme
- Regular performance check-ins and a feedback driven culture
- Collaborative, passionate and fun colleagues